Re: Paying for clarification

In a message dated 1/7/09 10:47:25 AM, d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com writes:
My experience with 3rd party plan checkers that some municipalities use around here in the SF area has been very tedious to say the least...  For the most part, they seem to follow the code letter as written, with very little grey area/wiggle room given to the designer...

I can second that, especially as concerns one (unnamed) reviewing firm.  They seem to run down a checklist with almost no regard for what's actually on the drawings.  My responses are often of the "look at Detail ___" variety.  But some comments of their comments are truly inane, such as "What *brand* are the anchor bolts?"  (really)

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Structural Engineer
Richmond CA USA

New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)