RE: Paying for clarification

Michel,

At 04:03 AM 8/01/2009, you wrote:
 >  I don?t want the plan checker signing off my work because I am a 60-ish year old white haired engineer who he believes has the great knowledge of experience to rely upon.

I am 30-ish and am having insecure feelings that the plan checkers are starting to rely a little to much on me. I am not being arrogant, but I expected corrections on several of my recent submittals and got almost none.

Maybe I am mis-interpreting your comment but I find it worrying that you are relying on plan checkers to find your mistakes. Maybe I am old fashioned having but I always thought it was my job as a designer to get it right in the first place and make sure it leaves the office ready to be built. Not to be simply a first rough attempt at a design which I hope someone else will fix for me!

Regards  Gil Brock
Ph +61 7 3807 8022               Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:            gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:            sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:            support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:         http://www.raptsoftware.com