RE: Paying for clarification

Dennis -

I feel your pain.

For the record, I suspect the other 20% either won't admit their confusion or don't realize that they are (dazed and) confused.

However, there is hope on the horizon.

I just updated my 2007 CBC with the January, 2009 Emergency Supplement and there is a new section in the "A" Chapters (DSA, OSHPD, BCD, SFM, etc.) which includes a "simplified" wind procedure. While this doesn't help us today, I just briefly scanned it but I believe it is similar to the alternative that SEAOSC is proposing and, if I'm not mistaken, _may_ appear in the 2009 IBC. Those closer to the code writing process are welcome to jump in here and correct me if I'm incorrect.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers