RE: Is it just me?

Thor,

The Aussie tie-downs for shear walls referenced on your website. Would that
be a direct reference to AS1684: residential timber framing code, rather
than BCA.

Just querying because BCA generally doesn't contain that sort of
information: plus I cannot find it. Closest is racking forces and bracing
requirements in AS1684.2: with bracing panel detail using steel rods from
top plate to concrete slab.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust