Facing mistakes in structural design

I remember a story of a group of graduate students that found a design flaw
in a high-rise building for wind effects considerations. They called the
attention to the structural engineer who made the design. The designer, a
renowned structural engineer, courageously disclosed to the public his
mistake. The building was in use and then needed an important retrofitting.
Do you remember the name of this structural engineer or have knowledge of
similar and recognized circumstances?

Jorge Jimenez, PE