RE: Swimming Pools

The same question more-or-less was posted recently by yours truly. The most helpful replies were directed to me privately. I will need to get them off my other machine tonight and will forward you.

Michel
-----Original Message-----
From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:40 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Swimming Pools

I'm doing a small residential pool (about 35'x24' sloping bottom from 4' to 9').  It's been awhile since I last did a fluid containing structure.  Is ACI 315 the correct standard or does anyone know an accessible detailing reference?  The primary structural design is not the issue.  I've usually taken care of crack mitigation and detailed accordingly but I might have forgotten something secondary but important.

Is it common/rare to design the top edge apron as supporting the walls, or should I stick with cantilevered walls?

Since it's in-ground, I'm assuming seismic is not an issue ...?

Any other advice?

TIA

Victoria, BC
Canada