RE: Facing mistakes in structural design (a fantasy)

Sad, but true, Ralph.

The days of “rolling up our sleeves and dealing with a problem” are long gone.

These days, the lawyers would still be in court filing lawsuits while the hurricane hit.

I believe there was a PBS documentary made about this…was it on Frontline or Nova?

No matter, it was ironic that the engineer brought in to supervise the fix was Leslie Robertson.

He is a very talented and successful engineer whom I respect very much, but I thought he was a

Little too harsh and judgmental on LeMessurier for my taste.

That was of course, in the pre 9/11 days.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher and Partners - Cayman

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610

319 A Street Boston 02210