From: "Gautam Manandhar" <Gautam_Manandhar(--nospam--at)ci.richmond.ca.us>
Sent: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:23:35 -0800
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Swimming Pools

Thor:

I do not know much about the seismic requirement in Canada - in
California, you would have to consider seismic forces on the retaining
wall (when the pool is drained - especially the 9 foot wall) per CBC
1802.2.7.  You may also want to control the tension crack width per ACI
318-05, section 10.6.4.

Gautam, SE