    *From:* Thor Tandy <mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
    *To:* SEAINT <mailto:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
    *Sent:* Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:40 AM
    *Subject:* Swimming Pools

    I'm doing a small residential pool (about 35'x24' sloping bottom
    from 4' to 9').  It's been awhile since I last did a fluid
    containing structure.  Is ACI 315 the correct standard or does
    anyone know an accessible detailing reference?  The primary
    structural design is not the issue.  I've usually taken care of
    crack mitigation and detailed accordingly but I might have
    forgotten something secondary but important.
Is it common/rare to design the top edge apron as supporting the
    walls, or should I stick with cantilevered walls?
Since it's in-ground, I'm assuming seismic is not an issue ...? Any other advice? TIA

    Victoria, BC
    Canada