Re: Concrete Spring Constant for Base Plate Modeling

Hmm,  just pick the number. However, the question is what is the reasonable number.

Depending on spring constant,  it will change tensions on the anchor bolts.  If somebody starts with no idea of bolts' tensions,  they may come up with very small number if they use very flexible springs.

Anyway,  the reason that I am modeling the base plate instead of using  AISC design guide is my base plate has re-entrant corner inside and have both direction lateral loads (of course both direction shears and moments) at the same time.

I want to know how much stress concentrations at the re-entrant corners are and I don't think AISC design guide covers this situation.

Thank you so much.

John