Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Anchor bolt sleeve - pretensioning[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Anchor bolt sleeve - pretensioning
- From: Padmanabhan Rajendran <prajendran(--nospam--at)ymail.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:58:45 -0800 (PST)
|In its section on anchor bolt with sleeves, the ASCE booklet "Wind Loads and Anchor bolt design for petrochemical facilities" recommends breaking the bond (by wrapping a tape) between the bolt and the concrete between the bottom of the sleeve and up to 1" above the bolt head. This is claimed to prevent loss of bolt pretension. |
How many of you follow the above specification? I use standard sleeve and do not specify breaking the bond as recommended in ASCE. Are there any recorded cases of foundation failures which resulted from loss of bolt pretension?
- Prev by Subject: AIr vent distance in Post tensioning duct
- Next by Subject: Re: Anchor bolt sleeve - pretensioning
- Previous by thread: RE: Does George Housner deserve better?
- Next by thread: Re: Anchor bolt sleeve - pretensioning