Codes comparison

Hi everyone,

The company I work for is usually asked for comparing the regulations included in the UBC-97 with those included in the local codes for several structural projects performed in Latinamerica. I wonder if these comparisons are still meaningful or should be made with the IBC 2006. I'm not aware of the serious differences that might exist between UBC and IBC. Does anybody have an opinion about this?.. it is my intend to purchase the IBC 2006... so.. I''m very interested in your comments. Thanks in advance. As ususal, excuse me for my possible language mistakes.

Ing. Benjamin Arcos Reyes