From: Ing. Benjamín Arcos Reyes <barcosr(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Codes comparison
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 10:02 PM

All of you, Thank you for your replies.

Rajendran, I'm not sure about the reason for asking us to use the UBC 97. Actually this comparison is for a company of the United States (sorry, some sort of confidentiality code prohibits us a lot of things, probably including this) and that has been the requirement. As a matter of fact, when structural consultants have came to Mexico in order to align all of us with the same design criteria, is the UBC-97 the one that is considered. Local codes are commonly used, many of them updated to the recent years. I'll certainly ask them about the reason of not using IBC2006 or ASCE 7. I'll let you know.

Mr. Sprague, I'll contact you on your mail address. Thank you very much..

Benjamin