Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Plotting pdf[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Plotting pdf
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:51:09 -0800
Get Bluebeam. 200 bucks, way better for Cad and great for marking up stuff too (submittals and RFI's)
Try a different driver. Google "CutePDF". It's free and sets up pretty easily.
I don't believe Acrobat Reader provides a driver for printing.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
Consulting Structural Engineers
V (949) 248-8588 • F(949) 209-2509
From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:39 PM
Subject: Plotting pdf
I have an HP Designjet 200 (C3181A). Since getting Acrobat reader version 8 I have had trouble plotting.
1) I have noticed that 200KB pdf files are inflating to 10MB ????
2) Shaded parts get messed up.
3) Plotted image layout goes crazy sometimes.
4) Usually get "error" message on plotter and print queue and the plotter hangs.
5) I manage to get the odd pdf image to plot correctly.
Acrobat, customer service, of course, hasn't a clue why the problem, and I'm so in the dark ages with hardware that they probably don't want to help anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas for a techy retard.
Thor A. Tandy P.Eng, C.Eng, Struct.Eng, MIStructE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Plotting pdf
- Next by Subject: Re: Plotting pdf
- Previous by thread: RE: Plotting pdf
- Next by thread: Re: Plotting pdf