Re: Plotting pdf

Get Bluebeam. 200 bucks, way better for Cad and great for marking up stuff too (submittals and RFI's)

-g

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Bill Allen <t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net> wrote:

Try a different driver. Google "CutePDF". It's free and sets up pretty easily.

I don't believe Acrobat Reader provides a driver for printing.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers

V (949) 248-8588 F(949) 209-2509

-----Original Message-----
From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:39 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Plotting pdf

I have an HP Designjet 200 (C3181A).  Since getting Acrobat reader version 8 I have had trouble plotting.

1)  I have noticed that 200KB pdf files are inflating to 10MB ????

2)  Shaded parts get messed up.

3)  Plotted image layout goes crazy sometimes.

4)  Usually get "error" message on plotter and print queue and the plotter hangs.

5)  I manage to get the odd pdf image to plot correctly.

Acrobat, customer service, of course, hasn't a clue why the problem, and I'm so in the dark ages with hardware that they probably don't want to help anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas for a techy retard.

Victoria, BC
Canada