Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Valley Rafters[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Valley Rafters
- From: "Daryl Richardson" <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
- Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:59:08 -0700
"...That's how spaceflight hardware is designed and built (but without the wood)."
In Canada we actually did build hi-tech aircraft with wood. They were the DH.98 Mosquito Bombers, built and flown during WW II. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito ). They could fly faster and higher than any other bombers in use at that time. It was a Mosquito that got Niels Bohr safely out of German hands and may have prevented Germany from acquiring the atomic bomb. Many of them were built in Canada by very unskilled workers, namely the wives and girl friends of the men who flew them and whose lives depended on them.
H. Daryl Richardson
- Prev by Subject: Re: Valley Rafters
- Next by Subject: Re: Valley Rafters
- Previous by thread: Re: Valley Rafters
- Next by thread: Re: Valley Rafters