From: christopher.banbury(--nospam--at)gmail.com [mailto:christopher.banbury(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 12:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Plotting pdf

What did you use to create the original PDF? It seems like i might have had similar problems with the new reader when printing PDFs created by the older 6.0 distiller. It might be a backward compatibility problem that only the new version 10 distiller will fix. You might also try one of the free PDF drivers as someone else mentioned.

I think the file size inflation is pretty normal during printing. More memory might help.

Autodesk Design Review (ADR) is now free. It used to cost $200. It uses DWF files which are like PDF's but with more functionality. You might also need to install the free DWF Writer in order to get the DWF printer driver.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?id=9131297&siteID=123112&CMP=ILC-GN9219645015

Christopher Banbury, PE
President

Ark Engineering, Inc.