DOS to Windows Printing Problem

Fellow engineers,

        I've just replaced my old Epson EPL 7000 printer (which prints from the parallel port) with a new HP LaserJet 1018 printer (which prints from a UPS hub) for reasons of toner cost and availability for the old printer.  I am using Windows XP Professional as an operating system.

        My problem is that I am also using a DOS based spreadsheet (PlanPerfect version 5) winch is compatible with DOS based WordPerfect version 5 as far as exchanging information is concerned; and I can not get either program to print directly to the new printer.  The printer does work with newer programs.

        I can export PlanPerfect spreadsheets to WordPerfect 5 and on to WordPerfect 10 with some reformatting required.  I can also export to Lotus 123 and on to Excel with some reformatting required.  I would rather find a way to print directly.  Rewriting the PlanPerfect spreadsheets in Lotus or Excel is a job that would take weeks, which I do not want to spend in this effort.

        Any ideas?

H. Daryl Richardson