Re: DOS to Windows Printing Problem

Title: Re: DOS to Windows Printing Problem
The issue is likely due to a proper print driver and a way to map the printer to a LPT1: (parallel port) even if it is a USB printer.  An older DOS program will not have a direct print drive for such a new printer, but you can likely try an older LaserJet printer (using PCL language or PostScript if it is a postscript laser printer).

Mapping to the LPT1: is a little more of a challenge...I don’t recall how to do that...I would have remember how to do it...it has been a LONG time since I have used DOS.

Another way would be to select a printer driver that might be compatible with the printer and then use a print to file (which most programs do have) and then use Windoze to dump that file to the printer.

And Joel’s method seems like it might work as well, but I have never tried it.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI