phd thesis

Hi

I am a PHD earthquake engineering student. I have searched for a subject to my PHD thesis, in the field of performance based design, intensity measure, reliability evaluation, loss estimation and risk assessment. I read a lot of papers and researches in above fields. But I can not choose a subject to my thesis. I want to ask  if it is possible to anyone, guide me and propose me an appropriate and new subject for my PHD thesis.

Thanks a lot.