From: Adair, Joel [mailto:jadair(--nospam--at)shwgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 1:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Plotting pdf

My favorite alternate to Acrobat Reader for plotting PDFs of drawings is Brave Reader:

http://www.bravaviewer.com/

It’s not as polished of a program as is Acrobat, but it gives you much more control over printing.  For instance, you can window the exact area you want to print, then print it at exactly half-scale (or 3/4 scale, or 1.5:1, or 103.5% to correct an old as-built drawing that was copied a little too small – whatever you need).  It also has some measuring tools that can come in handy.  It’s also great for TIFFs, if you get ever get scanned images in that format.

You might give their free reader a try and see if you have any better luck with that.

-- Joel

Joel Adair, PE

SHW Group

Plano, TX