From: Andy Heigley <aheigley(--nospam--at)jgaeng.com>

To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Subject: Re: FW: Wind loads: ASD or Strength?

…In the Wood Frame Construction Manual, in their Exterior Wall stud

Bending calculations, it describes the design of the stud to check the

stud for 'bending only' using C&C design loads; In addition to

that, it uses MWFRS pressures in combination with Axial loading to

check combined bending and axial.