Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE 7 Section 220.127.116.11[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE 7 Section 18.104.22.168
- From: "Bill Allen" <t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:33:44 -0800
If I have a one story building (h < 25 ft.) in Seismic Design Category D consisting of masonry exterior walls and a wood roof (< 20 PSF DL), can I use an OMF? The last sentence says I cannot have exterior walls weighing more than 20 PSF 35 feet above the base, but I have no walls 35 feet above the base. There may be a mezzanine in this area but the OMF would still be one story. The wall above the OMF would probably be a wood framed shear wall.
Table 12.2-1 says OMFs are NP, but footnote h leads me to section 22.214.171.124.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
Consulting Structural Engineers
- Prev by Subject: RE: Archive (WAS: Swimming Pools)
- Next by Subject: Re: ASCE 7 Section 126.96.36.199
- Previous by thread: Re: Active Seismic Masses
- Next by thread: Re: ASCE 7 Section 188.8.131.52