ASCE 7 Section 12.2.5.6

If I have a one story building (h < 25 ft.) in Seismic Design Category D consisting of masonry exterior walls and a wood roof (< 20 PSF DL), can I use an OMF? The last sentence says I cannot have exterior walls weighing more than 20 PSF 35 feet above the base, but I have no walls 35 feet above the base. There may be a mezzanine in this area but the OMF would still be one story. The wall above the OMF would probably be a wood framed shear wall.

Table 12.2-1 says OMFs are NP, but footnote h leads me to section 12.2.5.6.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers