Re: ASCE 7 Section 12.2.5.6

My understanding is that no, you would not be able to use OMF.  Are you trying to use masonry on 3 sides, and OMF at a storefront?  I would do a 3-sided box, or use the frame on the open front, but the drift would have to be somewhat compatible with the masonry walls.  Say no more than 3x the drift of masonry...
i believe the intent of the provision you noted is for a metal storage building, but i could also be way off....