Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Low alkali cement[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Low alkali cement
- From: "Dickey, David" <David.Dickey(--nospam--at)masonandhanger.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:30:17 -0500
When specifying the type of portland cement to be used in a concrete mix, do you specify low alkali cement?
Do you specify it on all of your projects? Or none or your projects?
Is there data available that shows areas of the country with siliceous aggregates that could contribute to alkali-silica reaction?
How much more does low alkali cement cost?
Is the testing that can be specified to determine the alkali-aggregate reactivity, ASTM C1260, something that is routinely done by the concrete supplier that can be requested, or would the testing be a significant additional cost to the project?
David Dickey, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Long-span PVC Tent (Conical)
- Next by Subject: Re: Low alkali cement
- Previous by thread: RE: ASCE 7 Section 126.96.36.199
- Next by thread: Re: Low alkali cement