Design of Double Angle Shear Connection for Extreme Ductility

I am currently trying to design a double angle connection for ductile response to catenary loads induced by support removal.  This is for a progressive collapse avoidance design.  In order to achieve the assumed catenary structural response assumed in the tie forces design method, the beam end connections for structural steel members utilized as ties must be designed to undergo 0.20-radians of rotation, and still maintain the required capacity.  I think I have figured out a way to do this, but would like to see if any research has been done on this type of behavior, and/or if a text has been written which addresses this issue.  Any direction would be much appreciated, as I’m not sure where to start looking.  Thanks.

Brian P. Felker, PE

Building Section Manager

Structural Department

MMM DESIGN GROUP