RE: progressive collapse

Sam,

I’m not familiar with using SAP2000 but from previous discussions I don’t believe you can do progressive collapse as such.

You have to create separate models for each assumed mode of failure. Remove a column, adjust loads, perform an analysis. Likewise remove beam, adjust loads perform an analysis.

If you search the SEAint archives a few months back there were some suggestions of software which could automate assessment of progressive collapse.

Regards

Conrad Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Adelaide