From: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 7:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ASCE 7-05: RSA Procedure per 12.9

You know, it really doesn't TELL you to SCALE DOWN the RSA results, only to "scale up."

Can you point out to me where it says "scale down OR up?" And if "down," then "down" to what? V, or 0.85*V?

Get your total force in X & Y from Static Method and scale up your RSA results so they are matching (or take the reduction if allowed).