Re: ASCE 7-05: Direction of Loading (12.5)

One problem with the "buy a book" approach - which I'm always open to do - is that the **** code development turnaround has become too fast. For instance, I notice that Naeim's latest edition was published in 2001. That's "two codes ago."

$200 to Amazon for a book that's likely out-of-date insofar as explaining the current code provisions just ain't worth it to me. My problem isn't understanding basic concepts, it's applying the current provisions, which are, you must admit, confusing even to those who've been doing this awhile.

You should get a seismic design reference. Farzad Naeim's Seismic Design Handbook is the best.