Re: Structural Steel Price

The best way to get the real scoop on steel prices is to contact a steel fabrication shop and ask them.
s.macie, P.E.
SLO,CA

In a message dated 2/24/2009 4:37:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com writes:
> Can anyone out there recommend a website that tells you the prices
> of structural steel over time in say the last 1 to 5 year period?
> Kind of like a Dow Jones chart for steel?
The indexes like you'll find in Engineering News Record don't tell
all the story. They report prices at the mill for mill lots. You'll
pay more, sometimes much more, from a distributor, especially if
you're buying relatively small quantities or a piece at a time or if
you need something besides plain ol' ferromanurium.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org