Re: 2005 Aluminum Design Manual

Bill,
The short answer is yes. My ADM is at home so I can't help you any more than that right now. But I will try to look it up tonight and you give you the section number. I will also add that the ADM is relatively easy to use compared to the Canadian standard which is a real piece of T**D - just wanted to rant for a moment.
Gary

Bill Allen wrote:

That sucker is $300!

=8^O

In the AISI specifications and design manual, there is a reduction in effective width for compression elements. In bending, since some of the section is in tension, more section is available when computing section properties than if the entire section were under compression such as a pure column.

Are there similar requirements in the ADM? If so, can someone point me to the proper specification section?

Thank you,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS <http://www.AllenDesigns.com>

Consulting Structural Engineers