Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: FACI Title?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

So then, is it an honorary title for which there is no formal method of obtaining?  I ask because it seems that there is little in the way of concrete certification for designers – it all seems to be based around manufacturers and field personnel.


From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint04(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 7:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: RE: FACI Title?


I believe it stands for ‘Fellow’, an advanced member to[ic to those who participate immensely in the industry.





From: Richard Calvert [mailto:RichardC(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: FACI Title?


While looking for ACI seminars I happened to take note that all of the professors had the title FACI behind their names (i.e. John Doe, PhD, PE, SE, FACI, etc.) which is a title that I was previously unaware of, and after quite a bit of Googling I still don’t know what it means or, much less, how it is obtained.  Do any of you have this information?


Richard Calvert