Standing Seam Metal Roofing Wind Uplift Calculations

Oshin:

The AISI Code has specific guidelines. And, AISI also publishes a guide specific to this subject (Design Guide CF97-1).  In summary, the panels themselves are calculated in accordance with the  AISI code.  Where the connections rely on mechanical interlock, or slip-type mechanical anchors, testing is required in accordance with ASTM E1592.  In some jurisdictions (Florida, Texas) a test is required regardless of the attachment method due to the requirements in IBC Section 1504.3.2.  The  IBC has an exception that references the AISI  requirements, which only requires testing for connection methods that cannot be designed, but some locals require the test anyway.

If you need an E1592 test or want to subcontract the calcs, my company is accredited to run the tests and we have experience with the calcs.

Regards,

Eric Tompos, P.E., S.E.
NTA, Inc.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal