DE-COUPLE CONCRETE SHEAR WALLS AT CORES

I am working in a low seismic area.  Yet am having to design and detail concrete shear walls as specially reinforced for high ductility requirements due to layout constraints.  While most walls are straight, some are coupled C or L shaped around Stairs and escalator cores.  These core walls are attracting too much shear, distorting the shear distribution and making it difficult to satisfy redunduncy requirements.  To simplify, I have proposed to decouple the core walls.

I believe this is commonly done and not restricted by the ACI or IBC.  Would appreciate if others who have done this before could share their thoughts/concerns.  Thank you for your comments.