Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: some code issues[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: some code issues
- From: "John L.Smart" <smartj(--nospam--at)lrengineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:20:53 -0500
Westinghouse and Edison were arch-rivals in the new business of electrifying the country. Supposedly, they hated each other personally, as well, and Edison tried to coin the phrase “westinghoused” as a synonym for electrocuted. It never caught on.
Of course, Alexander Graham Bell thought we should answer the phone “Ahoy”.
John L. Smart, PE SE
Lindsey & Ritter, Inc.
401 East Jane Street
Valdosta, GA 31601-4062
Google's Quote of the Day:
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments,
and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a
structure which has no relation to reality.
- Prev by Subject: RE: some code issues
- Next by Subject: RE: some code issues
- Previous by thread: Re: some code issues
- Next by thread: Re: Shear in NDS (and deflection)