Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: some code issues[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: some code issues
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:07:30 -0800
You fellas should rent the movie "THE PRESTIGE" starring Wolverine and Batman as two rival magicians. Tesla (played by David Bowie) and his rivalry with Edison is more than mentioned. Great movie too.
I believe Edison was an ardent supporter of direct current, as opposed to Tesla and Westinghouse who developed and advocated for alternating current.
Doug Mayer, SE
But consider how you might try to start your car if it was not for the work done by Tesla. Edison chose to power the cities using Alternating Current. Tesla is the father of the modern battery – direct current. Almost everything we run today has some form of Tesla’s greatest achievement in it – batteries and rechargeable batteries. It may be that during Tesla’s career who was competing for the contract against Edison, Tesla did not see beyond the Van der Graff Generator for displaying static charge.
Google's Quote of the Day:
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.
- Prev by Subject: RE: some code issues
- Next by Subject: Standard concrete footing and soil recompaction question
- Previous by thread: Electrocuting elephants was Re: some code issues
- Next by thread: RE: some code issues