Re: IT question

Thor,

a virus it is, some kind of a spyware. See for example:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread79222.html
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/iexplorer/

There are different spyware and trojan codes that mimick the iexplore process.

I suggest downloading a free antivirus scanner like DrWeb CureIt:
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
And scanning your system repeatedly.

For those with svchost.exe, it is infected, too. I don't remember what
kind of virus it is (looks like Kido/Conficker) but you should get rid
of it. It usually comes on flash drives or via local network. It is
able to use your computer as a zombie to attack servers via the
internet.
The Kido pandemic is a current nightmare:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

If it is a home PC, I'd simply reformat the HDD and reinstall the OS
if I were you.
The mentioned utility can clean up your hard drive but some of these
viruses irreversibly corrupt the system registry (unless you have a PC
geek friend handy to repair it).

Regards, Alex.

--
Alexander Bausk