Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sds values for elements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Sds values for elements
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:33:21 -0700
I am designing a simple one story CMU structure where the actual Sds value is 1.6 for the location. I can meet all the criteria for designing the structure using the "Simplfied Alternative" procedure of Section 12.14 of the ASCE, and Section 188.8.131.52 allows the use of an Sds of 1.0 based on a maximum Ss of 1.5. When desiigning the masonry wall elements and their attachments, can I still use the reduced Sds for the design of these elements as I used for the "seismic base shear" or do I have to use the actual Sds of 1.6?|
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer S.E.
Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
- Prev by Subject: Sds for Elements in Buildings
- Next by Subject: SEAINT Server Test
- Previous by thread: RE: Direct Analysis Method
- Next by thread: Test e-mail