Sds values for elements

I am designing a simple one story CMU structure where the actual Sds value is 1.6 for the location. I can meet all the criteria for designing the structure using the "Simplfied Alternative" procedure of Section 12.14 of the ASCE, and Section 12.14.8.1 allows the use of an Sds of 1.0 based on a maximum Ss of 1.5. When desiigning the masonry wall elements and their attachments, can I still use the reduced Sds for the design of these elements as I used for the "seismic base shear" or do I have to use the actual Sds of 1.6?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.