Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Use of Sds fior Elements of Buildings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Use of Sds fior Elements of Buildings
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:24:07 -0700
Thought I had sent this message yesterday, but didn't see it on the list server, so here it is again:|
I am designing a simple one story masonry building in a location where the Sds is 1.6. But since the structure meets all the requirements for design as a "Simple Bearing Wall" building, I am using a base shear per ASCE formula 12.14-11 which allows for a maximum Ss of 1.5 or an Sds of 1.0. I assume in reading ASCE section 11.4.1 and 11.4.4 that this lower Sds value can also apply to the design of the masonry walls and connections of walls to roof. Is my logic correct??
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer S.E.
Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.
- Prev by Subject: Use of Sds fior Elements of Buildings
- Next by Subject: Valley Rafters
- Previous by thread: Use of Sds fior Elements of Buildings
- Next by thread: Sds for Elements in Buildings