Brass Railing

I’m trying to provide some calculations for brass railing and posts. However, I’m having a difficult time locating mechanical properties (which are standard for this kind of application) of the material.  Working with the most conservative numbers in the ASTM we find that not even a solid pipe works… the manufacturer prefers to use actual brass as well, as apposed to plated or faux.  Does anyone know a good reference? Or even plain out what the standard grade and properties are for this application?

Thanks,

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer