Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Brass Railing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Brass Railing
- From: Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:20:59 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Disposition-notification-to: Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com>
I’m trying to provide some calculations for brass railing and posts. However, I’m having a difficult time locating mechanical properties (which are standard for this kind of application) of the material. Working with the most conservative numbers in the ASTM we find that not even a solid pipe works… the manufacturer prefers to use actual brass as well, as apposed to plated or faux. Does anyone know a good reference? Or even plain out what the standard grade and properties are for this application?
Richard Calvert, EIT
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bond Strength of Portland Grouts
- Next by Subject: Brass Railing
- Previous by thread: list of ISI journals
- Next by thread: RE: Brass Railing