Point supported glass design

Are there any simplified methods for designing point-supported glass?  I'm looking for applications such as glass handrails, stair treads, etc.  I've searched and found some generic glass articles online, but nothing technical.  Is this the kind of thing that requires a detailed analysis by an industry insider?

It seems like there could be some standardized analyses available for a single 1/2" or 3/4" pin through a piece of 3/4" glass.

Thanks,
Jim Wilson