Frictin to Resist Seismic Forces

I am hoping that someone can reference the IBC, CBC, or ASCE section that disallows using friction as a means of resisting seismic forces, (Seismc Design Category "E"). I am responsible for designing anchorage of equipment to existing concrete pads and the supplier of the equipment is from Texas where, I guess, it is common to use a friction type "clamp" to secure the equipment rail to the concrete surface. At least that is what their drawings show. I want to tell them we need a "positive" connection- i.e. anchor bolts through the rails.

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.