Re: Green Point Rated Concrete

   Gerard,
      You're right about reflectance. We are putting parking deck up right now that has slag in the roof double tees for increased albedo. There was an article about it in Concrete International about months ago. Slag concrete changes color noticeably. It has a greenish cast for a few days after it's poured, and every form joint is noticeable. Then it gets lighter and the variation in color disappears. I'm told it lightens most from exposure to sun. I do not know anything about the chemistry to explain any of it, and I'm not at work, so cannot give the CI reference.
   HTH,
   Jim Getaz
   Precast Concrete Engineer