From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 2:15 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: IT question

This is not structural,however, I have a weird computer problem that eludes resolution.

During a recent webcast I found that I kept losing internet connectivity.  I blamed the webcaster and then Norton but that was not the case.

1)  When I am in Outlook my CPU usage climbs to 65%+.  It often peaks to 100% at which time it gags.  Problem only exists when using Outlook and/or IExplorer.

2)  When I go online, browsing etc it climbs to 30%+ but often not high at all.

3)  FTP/data/download transfers not significantly high unless I move about the browser.

4)  Problem slows my keystrokes and everything so I can't keep the email on.  Even as I type now the usage is at 70% ...

Does anyone have insight into what is happening in Outlook and/or IExplorer to cause this?  I blamed Norton because I don't have this problem on other machines I have that don't have Norton but I uninstalled Norton and the symptom persisted.

I am thinking of doing a re-build ... but I don't have the time at the moment for that.

Thanks

Victoria, BC
Canada

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Port of Los Angeles, which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the content of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message and any attachment without reading or saving in any manner.