Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Cold-formed corrugated[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Cold-formed corrugated
- From: "Gordon Goodell" <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:47:15 -0600
Title: Cold-formed corrugated
I have a client who wants to use an “unengineered agricultural building” made of cold-formed steel as most of the envelope for a large woodshop. I have my roof diaphragm problems solved, because it’s being furred out & covered w/ plywood (underside). Does anyone have experience using corrugated metal for shearwalls? It seems like the 4 ½”, 20ga corrugated partition panels supplied with the kit should have a lot of shear resistance if connected properly. If I could prove it, it would be a shame to require wood shearwalls to be built right beside them.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Codes comparison
- Next by Subject: Re: Cold-formed corrugated
- Previous by thread: ACI Chapt. 22
- Next by thread: Re: Cold-formed corrugated