RE: Concrete and Vibration

Gerard -

There is an ATC (Applied Technology Council) publication on floor
vibrations.  It was published in 1999.  Based on the table of contents this
publication is meant to cover light frame and concrete construction as well
as steel.  I see examples on precast stadium seating, glulam dance floors,
hollow core office, precast Double-T footbridge, Wood truss, wood i-joists.

Honestly, it will probably be very similar to the AISC design guide.  After
all, two of the three authors (Dave Allen and Tom Murray) were responsible
for the other AISC publication.

One word of caution: I ordered a copy a while back.... But, I think ATC's
on-line ordering system was screwed up and I never received it.  Thankfully,
I was never charged for it either.  Regardless, don't be surprised if you
have to phone in or fax in an order to actually get it processed.

Sincerely,

Josh Plummer, SE

RISA Technologies
joshp(--nospam--at)risatech.com