History of Seaint List

I was looking at the archives recently and was curious what some of the first posts were and who posted them.  It was interesting to see that a lot of the questions are very similar to those being asked presently.  The only major difference is the code references are older.  The other thing I noticed was that Bill Polhemus is one of the only people active from the very beginning of the list to present day.  I wonder what happened to many of the others who used to participate and also if any of those who are still on the list know how the list got started?

- Jeremy