From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:11 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Frozen soil = disturbed earth?

Is the concrete protected from freezing?

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: jkeyser(--nospam--at)lcmf.com
> To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:19:17 -0800
> Subject: Re: Frozen soil = disturbed earth?
>
> The majority of our projects are in rural Alaska, and as such are typically
supported by permafrost. The key to this issue is the last paragraph of IBC
Section 1805.2, "Footings shall not bear on frozen soil unless such frozen
condition is of permanent character."

> Jared

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

Internet Explorer 8 - Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE
now! <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/141323790/direct/01/>