From: Michael Hemstad [mailto:mhemstad(--nospam--at)mbjeng.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:21 AM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: History of Seaint List

Well, we're not dead, at least not all of us.  10 years or so ago when I first found this List, I thought it was the neatest thing since sliced bread.  It was a rare week that I didn't post something.  Polhemus and I (and a number of others) got into some pretty good political rants on the side, as well as a lot of good technical exchange.  It still is a great resource, but when I changed jobs 4 years ago, I found myself busier (and less bored), and my available time dropped precipitously.  And, yes, there inevitably tends to be a lot of repeat content as the years pass.  Any time you have 15,000 structural engineers (that's the last figure I heard--I don't know what it stands at now) signed on to something, there is going to be some turnover.  But, it's still a wonderful thing, even if I only get to it once a month.

Mike Hemstad, P.E., S.E.

MBJ

Minnneapolis, MN