RE: Vertical joint in Matt (raft) foundation

I have become a big fan of StaForm.  It provides a good solution for the contractor, and as the structural engineer, I like it because it maintains a roughened surface.  It beats board forming and roughening the surface afterward.

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: John Nader [mailto:johnenader(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 8:46 AM
To: seaint
Subject: Vertical joint in Matt (raft) foundation

What is there to consider when placing vertical cold joints in a Matt foundation?  I am placing the cold joint in between two columns, providing a continuous keyway and keeping the surface rough.

Thanks in advance for any input,

John

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.