Re: California SE question: Essential facilities

Oh, and make sure you have current cans and pins

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Gerard Madden, SE <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
As someone who works on both ends of the OSHPD spectrum (new hospital & retrofit design and peer review & plan checking of other firms stuff) you have been warned pretty well here.

OSHPD is VERY TOUGH, They will not budge 1 mm on anything, but there are a lot of very smart people there on the structural end. Face to face time during CA with the plan checker may also be required during equipment installs and calcs for seismic anchorage. They check every number you give them.

-gm